Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Notes from "Hungry for Change"

I love the movie, Hungry for Change! These are some notes I took while I watched it.

Foods you should avoid:
1. High fructose corn syrup (I have read numerous places this should be avoided. ALWAYS!)
2. Aspartame
3. MSG
4. Grilled food with char on it.
5. Fried food
6. Potatoes
7. corn
8. waffles/pancakes
9. White anything - bread, rice, noodles..
10. Refined sugar
11. Diet drinks of all kids. (They said diet drinks cause brain cells to die.)

Don't tell yourself that you can't have something. Tell yourself you can have it, but you don't want it.

I thought this was very interesting. I had heard about detoxing before, but I didn't understand why it was important. A lot of chemicals that we eat, breath, or come in contact with are not water soluble. In order for your body to protect itself, it wraps that chemical in fat. When you start to exercise and lose weight, you can unlock these particles from the fat that is wrapped around it. This causes free radicals in your body which you don't want. To get rid of these, you need to eat green leafy veggies (kale, spinach, chard, collard greens, and romaine lettuce), chia seeds and flax seed (both of these when mixed with water form a gelatinous product. That picks up the toxin and pulls it out with it when excreted from the body), sea weed, parsley, and cilantro. It is also important to drink lots of water to help flush the kidneys. Juicing or smoothies are also good ways to cleanse. It helps you eat a lot of veggies at once and gets it into your system quickly. I have one recipe posted in my blog. It is good. Check it out!

Deep sleep is important to fix stress. It is one of the best ways to get rid of it.

Post a note on your mirror that says, "I accept myself unconditionally right now." Look into your eyes and say this to yourself twice a day for 30 days. You may have some thought come up such as "No I'm not" or "This is stupid". Keep at it. You will notice a change at the end of 30 days.

Three questions to ask about your food.

1. Where does my food come from?
2. What attitude went into the preparation of the food?
3. What is my intention for the food? Entertainment or sustenance




2 comments:

  1. Why potatoes? I love them baked with cheese. Makes a whole meal and inexpensive. Because of Hydrothyrodism I cut out other foods so hate to see potatoes be eliminated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Hungry for Change" is a movie, and it has been some time since I watched it. I believe they suggested cutting it out because white potatoes have few vitamins and minerals and the high carbs turn to sugar in your body.

    ReplyDelete